Additional Restrictions Grant (Extra Support)
This scheme has now closed.
The Council recognises that some businesses that are unable to open have costs significantly greater than the grant funding they have received. The Additional Restrictions Grant (Extra Support) has been introduced to provide additional support to these businesses so that they can survive and prosper once again when restrictions are lifted. This grant has an allocation of £0.5 million.
Who can apply?
Small and medium businesses with less than 50 employees and an annual turnover of not more than £10.2 million may apply for this scheme.
Applicants must fit ALL of the following criteria.
- Businesses must be in the tourism, leisure, hospitality or events industries
- Businesses must have fixed costs of over £2,000 per month (fixed costs do not include stock, staff, personal or household costs)
- Businesses must have been severely affected since the pandemic began
- Businesses must operate from an address in the Dover district
- Businesses must have a significant effect on the local economy (eg have local employees or provide a service to the people of Dover district)
- Businesses must have not received significant funding from other Government bodies, such as the Arts Council
- Businesses must be within State Aid limits
Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
How much will businesses be awarded?
We will endeavour to support the regular, fixed business costs minus any income for the periods that businesses have been unable to trade since March 2020, up to a maximum of £50,000.
Depending on the number of applications a decision may be needed on whether to:
- support all eligible applicants with a reduced amount or
- support only the businesses with the greatest financial need
|Example||Example 1||Example 2||Example 3|
|Number of months unable to trade
|Fixed costs per month
|Total costs (costs per month x no. of months)
|Grant funding received
|Difference between costs and funding
|Grant award (capped at £50,000)
The following evidence will be required for grant assessments:
- A recent full bank statement
This must clearly show:
- The name of the account holder, bank account number and sort code and
- Fixed, regular business costs that cannot be cancelled or postponed
- At least two older bank statements
This should demonstrate a typical month’s income to provide evidence of loss of income.
- Latest accounts
Latest submitted accounts.
Apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant (Extra Support) »
Applications will be open from Tuesday 16 February until 5pm Wednesday 3 March 2021.
Once all applications have been received they will be assessed by the grants team. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email.
Rejected applicants can appeal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within one week of receiving a decision notification. These will be considered by the Council’s Chief Executive whose decision will be final. Applicants will be notified of the final decision by email.