COVID Business grant update 4 March 2021
We have now paid the majority of assessed claims to cover Local Restrictions Grant payments to 15 February and The one-off payment of £4-9k.
- Payments for the period 16 February to 31 March have been processed and should reach bank accounts by 11 March.
- If you are one of the very few outstanding cases to be resolved, you are our top priority. If you have been asked to provide more information, please do so as soon as possible so that we can get your payment out.
If you have already applied for a grant since November 2020, you do not need to apply again. We will work out any grants due to you once we have guidance in place.
Applications for the Additional Restrictions Grant phases 1 and 2 have now closed. Businesses that whose costs have not been covered in previous phases will receive an additional payment and have been notified by email.
Restart Grant scheme
To support the recovery of the high street as Government trading restrictions are relaxed, the Chancellor has announced the one-off payment 'Restart Grant'.
It is likely that this grant will be made available to qualifying High Street, Hospitality and Leisure businesses from April 2021 onwards and:
- Non-essential retail businesses will receive grants of up to £6,000 per premise.
- Qualifying Hospitality and Leisure properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or less, will receive a one-off grant of £8,000.
- Qualifying Hospitality and Leisure properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000, will receive a one-off grant of £12,000.
- Qualifying Hospitality and Leisure properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or above, will receive a one-off grant of £18,000.
Our website will be updated when we have received further information and guidance from the Government.