Skip to content

Animal boarding establishments

You must have a licence to run:

  • a boarding kennel or cattery
  • an animal home boarding service (including day care for dogs)

We will arrange for a vet to inspect your premises to make sure that the animals are:

  • in suitable accommodation  
  • given food, drink and bedding materials
  • exercised and visited regularly
  • safe from disease

Cost of the licence

A licence lasts for one year.

  • Boarding kennel or cattery: £235 plus vet inspection fees
  • Animal home boarding: £120 plus vet inspection fees


Apply for an animal boarding licence »




Contact the Licensing Section


Telephone: 01304 872295

. Keep Me Posted.