Welcome Back Fund
The Welcome Back Fund provides councils across England a share of £56 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to support the safe return to high streets and help build back from the pandemic.
Dover District Council has been allocated £276,000 to help drive footfall and support the safe reopening of the high street. We have worked with town and parish councils and community groups to come up with a list of projects to complete before March 2022.
The funding can be used to pay for temporary changes, to encourage more visitors into town, and for event activities that will drive footfall to the area.
What is fund being be used for?
We are using the fund for a range of safety, public realm and promotional projects including:
- Public information and promotional campaigns in town centres (banners, signs and leaflets).
- Covid information officer in Deal
- Pedestrianisation of a section of Deal High Street on Saturdays along with safety marshalls
- Deep cleaning (jet washing) in areas of Dover and Deal
- New/refurbished information boards