What is the Acquire project?
The Acquire project is a free unique programme which provides support to people aged 18-25 who live within the Dover District and are looking for employment and/or support and advice to increase their employability and skills.
Where is the Acquire project taking place?
Three acquire 'drop in' hubs have been established in the Dover District. You can attend any of these hubs, regardless of where you live in the District.
- St Radigunds Community Centre - Poulton Close, Dover, CT17 0HL
- Betteshanger Social Welfare Scheme - Cavell Square, Deal, CT14 9HR
- Aylesham Welfare Leisure Centre - Spinney Lane, Aylesham, CT3 3BE
How does the Acquire project work?
Participants can come along to one of our free drop-ins hubs and chat to our friendly team about how we can help them acquire the skills and qualifications to begin or further their career.
Participants do not need to be referred in order to attend the hubs, these are free informal hubs where potential participants can come along and get an idea of what the programme is about and how we can offer support. Upon joining the Acquire project, participants will have access to our free workshops, ranging from CV writing courses, interview skills, confidence building, entry level GCSE's and much more.
How can participants join Acquire?
Participants don't need to be referred to join the project, simply come along to one of our drop-in sessions to join the program.
Alternatively, professionals can refer potential participants to the scheme, by emailing us at Acquire@dover.gov.uk
- Monday - St Radigunds Community Centre - 10am-1pm
- Tuesday - Aylesham Welfare Leisure Centre - 10am-1pm
- Wednesday - Betteshanger Social Welfare Scheme - 10am-1pm