We have operated a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system since 1994. Cameras are strategically located around the town centres in Dover, Deal and Sandwich. The camera network is recorded 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The system is used to help provide a safer environment for everyone by:
- Helping to reduce the fear of crime
- Assisting in the detection and prevention of crime
- Helping to catch and prosecute those who commit crime or public order offences
- Providing evidential material for court proceedings
- Assisting with traffic flow through the town but not to enforce minor traffic laws
CCTV has proved itself in recent years to be a powerful weapon in the continuing fight against crime, particularly when integrated with other crime reduction methods such as retail 'radio-link' systems.
Dover District Council, Kent Police, the Town Councils in Dover, Deal and Sandwich, and Chambers of Commerce in Dover, Deal and Sandwich are of the view that CCTV diminishes incidents of crime and public disorder where it is either in place or will subsequently be introduced.
» More about CCTV
» Access to CCTV information and recordings
» CCTV locations
Reports and documents
Telephone: 01304 203956