How the Neighbourhood Forums Work
Kent County Council and Dover District Council are committed to finding ways to inform, consult and involve local residents.
Members of the public are welcome to attend these meetings, which are designed to:
- Help you find out more about issues that are important to you
- Provide an opportunity for local residents to communicate with representatives from various agencies in respect of topics of interest in their respective areas
- Meet community needs by providing information that is of local interest or genuine concern
Who can attend?
- Forum events are open to all residents - there is no need to book - just turn up. However, capacity of venues may be limited so it’s best to arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- Although the district is divided geographically, residents are welcome to attend meetings in other forum areas if the topic interests them.
Where are the meetings held?
- We hold forum events in local venues such as village halls, community centres and town council offices.
- We make sure the venues are accessible to people with limited mobility.
- If you have any other special needs, or need something specific, please let us know and we will try to cater to your needs.
What issues can be discussed?
Forum events are just one of the ways the council encourages people to speak up about what is happening where you live. Issues that may be discussed include:
- Wide range of local and district issues, not just those involving Dover District Council or Kent County Council.
- Local public services
- Issues affecting your community.
- Past topics have included planning, community safety, health, climate change and youth services.
What is the format of a Forum event?
- Speaker and Audience: We will invite speakers to come to a meeting to talk and answer questions about specific topics chosen by you. These speakers may be councillors, council officers, police, highways, health advisors etc.
- Round Table Discussions: Short presentations followed by question and answer sessions with the speakers/representatives at tables.
- Local Services Exhibition: Various agencies and organisations attend with an information stand and members of the public are invited to walk around and find out more about services that are available to them.
If you would like to receive notifications about future forum events please email email@example.com