UK Transition (Brexit)
The Transition Period
The UK left the EU on the 31 January 2020. There is now a transition period, until the end of 2020, while the UK and EU negotiate additional arrangements.
The current rules on trade, travel, and business for the UK and EU will continue to apply during the transition period.
New rules will take effect on 1 January 2021.
You, your family or your business can take some actions now to prepare for 2021. To find the latest guidance and information on what you can do now, please go to gov.uk/transition.
You can also sign up to receive email alerts about EU Exit on GOV.UK: Transition Period E-mail Alerts
- Signpost to information and advice to help businesses prepare for EU Exit and the end of the Transition Period,
- Advice and information for individuals on preparing for EU Exit and the end of the Transition Period.
- Information to help you continue living, working and studying in the UK. Includes links to FREE local advice and help.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) has led to service changes that will impact on the level of support that can currently be offered to you. It is also taking longer than usual to process applications.
- Links to information on EU Exit and the end of the Transition Period.