Skip to content

Easing of National Lockdown restrictions | Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) section for information and support for residents and businesses. View Dover Districts latest Covid figures here.

Dover District’s latest COVID-19 figures

Number of cases for the seven days to

Rolling rate for the seven days to . England average is

Total cases (up to )

Total deaths within 28 days of a positive test (up to )

7-day rolling case rate compared to England average

Status: Below average (OR Above average if to the right of the dividing line)

Graphic results

All data sourced from Please see website for more information about the data and how it is calculated.


Voting by Post

Voting by post or by proxy

Elections 2021

The Police and Crime Commissioner and the Kent County Council elections will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021.

In addition, elections to Dover District Council (Mill Hill Ward, one vacancy), Deal Town Council (Mill Hill Parish Ward, one vacancy) and Dover Town Council (St Radigund’s Parish Ward, one vacancy) will also be taking place.

If you are unable to visit your polling station or you are concerned about attending a polling station because of the ongoing impact of Covid-19, you can choose to vote by post or to appoint someone to vote on your behalf (a proxy vote).

To vote by post at these elections or to cancel or change an existing postal or proxy vote you must apply before 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021.

The deadline to apply for a proxy vote for these elections is 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.

How do I get a postal vote?

An application form to vote by post is available from

The form can be completed online but it must be printed and signed. You can submit your application by a scanned image attached to an email to or return it by post.

To vote by post at any election we must receive your application at the very latest by 5pm on the 11th working day before the election.

How do I vote by post?

  • When we get your application we record on the electoral register that you want to vote by post - you will not be allowed to vote at a polling station while you have a postal vote
  • You will receive a ballot paper, a postal vote statement which you have to fill in, an envelope to put the ballot paper in, and a postage-paid return envelope (not valid overseas).
  • Return your completed ballot paper and your postal vote statement in the envelope provided.
  • It is your responsibility to post it back in time to reach us before the close of poll on election day. If you leave it too late to post it, you can take it on election day (before the close of poll) to the polling station in the area where you normally vote and hand it to the presiding officer.

How long does my postal vote application last?

  • You can apply to keep your postal vote for all future elections until you tell us to cancel it
  • You can ask for a postal vote for one particular election only (for example, if you would normally prefer to go to the polling station but you will be away on that day)
  • You can ask for a postal vote for a particular period (for example, if you are going to be away from home for several months and want to vote in any elections that take place in that time.)

What if I am living away from the address where I am registered to vote?

You can have your postal vote sent to any address you want, so long as you have told us in advance. People living overseas can have their postal vote sent to them, but they may not be able to get it back in time to be counted in the election (overseas voters may be better applying for a proxy vote by appointing someone to vote for them).

What if I do not receive my ballot paper?

If you have not received your ballot paper by the fourth working day before election day, you can ask us to give you a replacement ballot paper - but we can only do this up to 5pm on the day of the election. We will ask you for proof of identity. Because of the short timescale and the need for proof of identity, you will normally have to come to the council offices to collect a replacement ballot paper.

What if I spoil my ballot paper?

If you fill in your ballot paper incorrectly and you want us to replace it you must send it or bring it to the council offices, together with all the other documents we sent with it, and ask us to give you a new ballot paper. You must do this by 5pm on the day of the election at the latest. You may not have time to send it back by post.

Can I cancel my postal vote when I want to?

Yes, but you must tell us in writing. We need to receive this at least 11 days before an election or you will still get your postal vote and not be able to vote at a polling station at that election.

Alternatively vote by Proxy »


Tel: 01304 872344


. Keep Me Posted.