Dover District Council has offered Energy Deal since Collective energy switching began in the UK in 2013 partnering with iChoosr to help residents save money on their energy bills by using combined buying power to access highly competitive tariffs. Participation is completely free with no obligation to switch.
Energy Deal holds 3 auction rounds a year, Autumn, Winter and Spring (auctions October, February and May). If your current fixed tariff is not due to expire in the next few months register and take part in one of the forthcoming rounds.
Registration for the next acution will open August 2019
How to take part
Registration requires details of energy consumption (on energy bill/annual energy statement - preferably in kWhs), name of current supplier and current tariff.
You don't have to live in one of our districts to take part.
For more information and to register select your local council:
Due to restrictions on the scheme we are not allowed to send out reminders to residents who have switched through the scheme in the past 2 years. Therefore please keep a note of your current tariff expiry date and register for the auction that coincides with that date.
Four things you should do
- Grab your bill and register yourself - it's free, easy and without obligation.
- Tell your neighbours about the scheme
- Help your relatives if they are not used to registering their details online. (you can register on their behalf)
- Help people without internet access to register with you online, or leave your contact details on 01304 872428 during registration periods for assistance.
Auction Results 21 May 2019
- Dual fuel online billing customers - E.on
- Electricity online billing customers - E.on
- Dual fuel and electricity only paper billing customers - E.on
- Prepayment meter customers - E.on
Want to know more?
Alternative energy switching options are available through Ofgem accredited comparison sites.
This scheme is organised by Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells Councils.