Energy Switching Scheme
Collective switching is when consumers get together to negotiate a group deal with their gas and electricity suppliers. Energy Deal, the Kent Council’s (Dover, Dartford, Gravesham, Tonbridge & Malling and Tunbridge Wells) collective energy switching scheme combines with similar initiatives around the UK in the Big Community Switch for the auction as the more households taking part, the better our chances of securing a competitive energy deal
We aim to save you money by negotiating on your behalf to bring down the cost of your energy.
It’s free to join and you don’t have to accept the winning offer
- Register for next auction from 8 August 2017
- Auction will take place on 10 October 2017
- Personal energy offers sent out from 23 October 2017
- Acceptance phase closes on 28 November 2017
How to take part
Registration requires details of energy consumption (on energy bill/annual energy statement - preferably in kWhs), name of current supplier and current tariff.
You don't have to live in one of our districts to take part.
For more information and to register select your local council:
Four things you should do
- Grab your bill and register yourself - it's free, easy and without obligation.
- Tell your neighbours about the scheme
- Help your relatives if they are not used to registering their details online. (you can register on their behalf)
- Help people without internet access to register with you online, or leave your contact details on 01304 872428 during registration periods for assistance.
Last auction (23 May 2017) results
- SSE for dual fuel customers
- Green Star Energy for electricity only customers
- OVO for pre-payment customers
This scheme is organised by Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells Councils.