Kent Energy Deal is a partnership to help residents save money on their energy bills
Kent Energy Deal has been in operation since collective energy switching began in the UK in 2013. Kent Energy Deal is a partnership between Kent Councils and iChoosr to help residents save money on their energy bills by using combined buying power to access highly competitive tariffs. Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge & Malling and Tunbridge Wells are the partner Councils that run the scheme, however online registration is open to any resident no matter what District/ Borough they live in.
Participation is completely free with no obligation to switch. Kent Energy Deal holds 3 auction rounds a year, Autumn, Winter and Spring (auctions October, February and May). Register for the auction round that most closely aligns to the end of your current fixed tariff.
How to take part
Registration requires details of energy consumption (on energy bill/annual energy statement - preferably in kWhs), name of current supplier and current tariff.
For more information and to register, visit https://bigcommunityswitch.co.uk/kent/landing
Due to restrictions on the scheme the council is not allowed to send out reminders to residents who have switched through the scheme in the past 2 years. Therefore please keep a note of your current tariff expiry date and register for the auction that coincides with that date.
Five things you can do
- Grab your bill and register yourself - it's free, easy and without obligation
- Tell your neighbours about the scheme
- Help your relatives if they are not used to registering their details online (you can register on their behalf)
- Help people without internet access to register with you online
- Contact your participating authority for assistance with registration if you don't have internet access and live in one of the Council areas that run the scheme (Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge & Malling and Tunbridge Wells)
Results from the May 2021 auction
Shell Energy: Dual fuel and electricity only online contacts (Monthly Direct Debit)
Shell Energy: Dual fuel and electricity only paper billing (Monthly Direct Debit)
Omni Energy: Pre Payment Meter contracts
Want to know more?
Alternative energy switching options are available through Ofgem accredited comparison sites.
This scheme is organised by Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge & Malling and Tunbridge Wells Councils.