Collective switching is when consumers get together to negotiate a group deal with their gas and electricity suppliers. The more households taking part, the better our chances of securing a competitive energy tariff. Energy Deal (the scheme run by a collaboration of Kent Councils) joins with other Council run schemes countrywide at auctions held 3 times a year(run by iChoosr) .
Collective switching in the UK turns five years old this year, and nearly one million registrants have joined across the UK. To mark this milestone the one millionth UK registrant will be given one year’s free energy. Could the one millionth registrant be you? (Terms & Conditions apply)
It’s free to join and you don’t have to accept the winning offer
Results of 22 May 2018 auction
- Online billing dual fuel and electricity only customers - So Energy
- Paper billing dual fuel and electricity only customers - E.on
- Prepayment customers only - Economy Energy
Personal energy offers will be sent out from 4 June 2018
You have until 3 July 2018 to decide whether you wish to accept the offer
How to take part
Registration requires details of energy consumption (on energy bill/annual energy statement - preferably in kWhs), name of current supplier and current tariff.
You don't have to live in one of our districts to take part.
For more information and to register select your local council:
Four things you should do
- Grab your bill and register yourself - it's free, easy and without obligation.
- Tell your neighbours about the scheme
- Help your relatives if they are not used to registering their details online. (you can register on their behalf)
- Help people without internet access to register with you online, or leave your contact details on 01304 872428 during registration periods for assistance.
Alternative energy switching options are available through Ofgem accredited comparison sites.
Auction results from 13 February 2018
- Online dual fuel and electricity only customers - So Energy
- Paper dual fuel and electricity only customers - Green Star Energy
- Prepayment meter customers - Economy Energy
This scheme is organised by Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells Councils.