Energy Switching Scheme
Collective switching is when consumers get together to negotiate a group deal with their gas and electricity suppliers. Energy Deal, the Kent Council’s (Dover, Dartford, Gravesham, Tonbridge & Malling and Tunbridge Wells) collective energy switching scheme combines with similar initiatives around the UK in the Big Community Switch for the auction as the more households taking part, the better our chances of securing a competitive energy deal
We aim to save you money by negotiating on your behalf to bring down the cost of your energy.
It’s free to join and you don’t have to accept the winning offer
Registration is now open
- The auction takes place on 13 February 2018
- Personal energy offers will be sent out from 26 February 2018
- Acceptance of personal offers closes on 27 March 2018
How to take part
Registration requires details of energy consumption (on energy bill/annual energy statement - preferably in kWhs), name of current supplier and current tariff.
You don't have to live in one of our districts to take part.
For more information and to register select your local council:
Four things you should do
- Grab your bill and register yourself - it's free, easy and without obligation.
- Tell your neighbours about the scheme
- Help your relatives if they are not used to registering their details online. (you can register on their behalf)
- Help people without internet access to register with you online, or leave your contact details on 01304 872428 during registration periods for assistance.
Alternative energy switching options are available through Ofgem accredited comparison sites.
Results from the Auction held on 10 August 2017
- Dual fuel - SSE
- Electricity only - SSE
- Pre-payment - Boost
This scheme is organised by Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells Councils.