Skip to content

Easing of National Lockdown restrictions | Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) section for information and support for residents and businesses. View Dover Districts latest Covid figures here.

Dover District’s latest COVID-19 figures

Number of cases for the seven days to

Rolling rate for the seven days to . England average is

Total cases (up to )

Total deaths within 28 days of a positive test (up to )

7-day rolling case rate compared to England average

Status: Below average (OR Above average if to the right of the dividing line)

Graphic results

All data sourced from Please see website for more information about the data and how it is calculated.

Home > Environment > Environmental Health > Noise > Noise from Alarms

Noise from Alarms

Noisy car and house alarms can cause problems, often when the householder is on holiday.

Alarms are specifically designed to cause noise when activated and if they are not quickly silenced can affect residents living close by.

If there is a contactable keyholder, known to us the alarm can be dealt with satisfactorily. However, if there is no known keyholder then enforcement action may be required.  We can have a car or house alarm silenced by employing the services of vehicle alarm experts or an electrician. A magistrate’s warrant would be necessary to silence a house alarm when entry to the property is required. This would also require the services of a locksmith and it has to be remembered that all reasonable expenses would be passed to the householder.


Report Noise a Problem »


You can also contact us by email at

If noise is occurring outside of office hours you can report it on 01304 821199. If you are registered with the out of hours noise service, and the noise is occurring within the following times

  • 8pm on a Friday evening until 3am on a Saturday morning
  • 8pm on a Saturday evening until 3am on a Sunday morning.
  • Sundays,  if the following day is a Public Holiday, from 8pm until 3am on Monday morning.

the matter will get passed to the Duty Noise Officer who will contact you with a view to visiting to witness the noise.

You must be registered to use the service. Officers will also deal with noise  issues if 3 independent calls are received regarding the matter.

 If you are not registered and/or call outside of these hours your details will be passed to the Environmental Protection & Crime Team and an officer will contact you during working hours.

. Keep Me Posted.