Skip to content
Home > Environment > Environmental Health > Noise > Noise from Licensed Premises

Noise from Licensed Premises

Pubs and Clubs cause noise, principally from amplified music, although complaints about noise from people smoking outside are becoming more common since the introduction of the smoking ban in public buildings in July 2007.

The Environmental Protection Team will investigate initially with a diary sheet to the complainant and letter to the licensed premises. Upon return of the diary sheet access may be given to the Out of Hours service if the noise is normally at night.

All pubs and clubs have premises licences and most have conditions regarding noise issues. The Environmental Protection Team work closely with the Licensing Team on noise issues from pubs and clubs.

You may contact the Licensing Team on 01304 872295 or by email on



Report a Noise Problem »



  • 01304 872428 (during office hours)
  • 01304 821199  (outside office hours). Noise can be most disturbing at night and in normal times we offer a limited weekend  out of hours service.  Given the current coronavirus pandemic, and guidance from Government,  this service is suspended until further notice.
  • email:
. Keep Me Posted.