Update - 05th January 2021
The continuation of this vital public health service is fully supported by the Government and the British Pest Control Association (BPCA). The folliwing guidance was issued by the BPCA on 05th January 2021
- Tradespeople are still permitted to go into people’s homes and businesses (Gov.UK)
- Pest professionals are considered critical due to our protection of ‘food and other necessary goods’ by the UK government (confirmed by Defra on 13 May 2020).
- Guidance in all nations is still that if you can’t work from home you should continue to go to work.
- Pest professionals have key/critical worker status for allowing children to remain in school during a lockdown.
- A thorough risk assessment should be conducted to decide which work to take on a job-by-job basis.
During this lockdown and due to some staff isolation Monitor Pest Control Office are operating with reduced and remote resources. Therefore, the desired response times may not be met but they will do their best in these difficult times.
They may not be able to answer all calls at peak times. If so please leave an answerphone message including your name, address, contact number and e-mail address, and the reason for your call. A Monitor staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
You can also report issues via contact forms at www.monitorpestcontrol.co.uk
Monitor Pest Control thank you for your patience and support during this challenging period.
An increasing number of appointments for pest control treatments are being postponed by customers reporting symptoms or self - isolation. Also, some Pest Control Technicians and Admin Officers have been required to self-isolate.
Therefore, although Monitor's existing Covid protection measures have proved very robust, whilst under lockdown they continue to take steps to protect customers, staff and the public. All restrictions will be reviewed on a week-to-week basis and any amendments will be announced accordingly.
From today the following amended service will operate;
Reisdential properties - The service for all pests (excluding Bedbugs*) will continue as normal, but due to resources being stretched during lockdown the current response times may not be achievable. However Monitor will will do their best in the circumstances.
* The service for Bedbugs is suspened because their treatment is both prolonged and intensive compared to treatment of other pests. This risks more exposure to residents and their personal belongings and therefore increases the risk to both residents and technicians. Monitor will however offer a self-help leaflet to residents until they can resume treatments when conditions would indicate a lower risk level.
Food Production Clients - scheduled visits will be offred where safe hygiene and distancing measures can be achieved. Emergency call outs, defined as an active infestation inside a food production facility, will still take place.
Monitor will also attend external areas of food production sites which are assessed as low risk due to technicians not dealing directly with people and easily maintaining safe distances.
Other Client Categories - These will be risk assessed on their merits and serviced on an emergency or low-risk basis taking into account risks to technicians, customers and the public. This will be based on current Government and British Pest Control Association guidance
N.B in all cases all customers and technicians are expected to adhere to strict hygiene and distancing requirements. In particular, customers and residents must keep a safe distance whilst technicians do their work. If this his not complied with the job will be aborted.
Risk Assessment conditions will apply in each case. i.e. at the time of booking customers will be asked if there is anyone at the property suffering from a persistent cough, high temperature, or fever or self-isolating? This will be double checked when officers attend properties. In such cases the appointment will need to be rebooked for another date.
- Rats: £48 per treatment (usually 3 visits).
- Mice: £48 per treatment (usually 3 visits).
- Fleas: £70 per treatment (2 visits) (up to 6 rooms) Minimum charge.
- Cockroaches: £70 per treatment (2 visits) (up to 6 rooms) Minimum charge.
- Bed Bugs: £110 per treatment (3 visits) (up to 6 rooms) Minimum charge.
- Wasps & Hornets: £45 for first nest. £15 per additional nest. Only available where the nest can be treated without specialist access equipment (up to 8m)
- Industrial/Commercial: £45 per hour, plus materials
- Out of hours rate for emergency works: £40 per visit in addition to the rates above
Enquire about a Pest Control Treatment »
The service is provided directly by Monitor Pest Control. Payment is required in advance of treatment. The quickest way to arrange treatment is by contacting Monitor using the enquiry form below.
If you have problem with pests from neighbouring land or property we can look into this for you. Please send an email to email@example.com with information on the problem and your contact details.
The list of below has links to different species and will help you in identifying unwelcome visitors and what can or can’t be done to control them. More information and downloads are also available on Monitor Pest Control's website at www.monitorpestcontrol.co.uk.
It is important to remember that some animals such as birds, bats and badgers are protected. Monitor Pest Control can advise and give quotes for treatment for species not listed above.
Information & advice
Contacting Monitor Pest Control is best done using the form link at the top of the page. If you are unable to do so you can telephone on 01474 358855.