Independent Living Forums
The Independent Living Forum are a great way to meet other residents and keep up to date with what's going on in sheltered housing. The Forums give residents the chance to discuss issues that affect residents living in sheltered housing and the services they receive.
What does the Independent Living Forum do?
The Independent Living Forum members work to promote the best interests of those living in sheltered housing which is managed by:
- Meeting quarterly for two hours to discuss local issues with our team.
- Working to improve conditions for those living in the council's sheltered housing schemes
- Working with us to ensure that funds allocated for sheltered housing are spent in the most effective and beneficial way
- Encouraging joint working between schemes to provide events and activities for residents
- The meetings are chaired by a resident who is appointed annually.
Who attends the meetings?
Each sheltered housing scheme nominates two representatives to attend the Independent Living Forum. If you live in a scheme and would like to attend, contact your Independent Living Manager or let us know you are interested in joining the Forum by emailing us.
Minutes of the meetings are posted on notice boards of each scheme.
Meeting venues and transport (where required) is arranged by Dover District Council. For more information on transport and claiming travel expenses see our Resident Involvement Expenses and Incentives Policy