STAY HOME, PROTECT THE NHS, SAVE LIVES
The Government has confirmed that the lockdown will continue for at least a further three weeks. I know that for many, this will be of yet more concern. Coronavirus has changed the way we all live and I know that many are struggling.
I want to reassure you that the Council will continue to support you throughout these uncertain times. We have five priorities:
1. To protect the health and well-being of residents, our staff as key workers, and contractors
2. To continue to maintain the vital public services that you rely on now more than ever, especially household waste and recycling
3. To support the most vulnerable residents through our Community Hub and Kent Together, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
4. To sustain the local community and voluntary effort that is helping us to support the most vulnerable people
5. To support local businesses by making it easy for them to access a wide range of government support.
I have been truly inspired by the local community and voluntary response to this national emergency. We can take great pride in how the district has risen to these challenges.
I also want to thank our staff, recognising their role as key workers. It’s thanks to them that we’ve been able to keep our key services operating, and deliver support to the most vulnerable residents through the Community Hub.
We’ll be here for you as long as it takes.
Our Community Hub is open every day, including weekends from 9am to 5pm. You can email us at Covid19@dover.gov.uk or call 01304 821199. Kent Together is available 24 hours a day online and on 03000 41 92 92.
I know that together, we can do this. Stay Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives.
Cllr Trevor Bartlett, Leader of the Council