Policy CP9 of the Core Strategy allocates the Dover Mid Town area for mixed use development of:
- C2 uses (residential institutions)
- C3 uses (residential of at least 100 homes)
- A1 shop uses
- A3 restaurant and café uses
- A4 Drinking establishments uses (of up to 15,000 square metres)
- D1 (non-residential institutions)
- the redevelopment of South Kent College (around 5,000 square metres)
- parking to serve the development and the town centre
The development of Dover Mid Town area is considerably behind the milestones set in the delivery programme in the Core Strategy which estimated that plans and construction phases of this area would now be complete. However, there are a number of challenges in the development of the 'Mid Town' site due to complex land ownership and physical constraints on site as part of this area falls within flood zone 3.
Due to time and resource constraints we are not currently pursuing a masterplan for this site but this will be kept under review.
Tel: 01304 872477