Home > Council Tax > Discounts and exemptions > People in hospital or care homes

People in hospital or care homes

If someone living in your property moves into a care home, a nursing home or hospital, and without them there is only one adult living in your home, you can apply for a 25% discount on your Council Tax.

If a property is left empty because the person who used to live there has gone into a nursing home, a care home or into hospital, you can apply for an exemption (which means you don't have to pay Council Tax for the property).

Apply for a care home or hospital Council Tax discount or exemption »

Contact Council Tax

Email: council.tax@dover.gov.uk

Phone: 01304 872199