People who are severely mentally impaired
If everyone living in a property is severely mentally impaired you can apply for an exemption (which means you don't have to pay Council Tax for the property).
If someone living with you is severely mentally impaired and without them there is only one adult living in your home, you can apply for a 25% discount on your Council Tax.
Application form » (PDF)
To get this discount or exemption the person must be entitled to one of the following benefits
- Attendance Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- the high or mid rate care component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- an increase in the rate of Disablement Pension
- Incapacity Benefit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support (which includes a disability premium)
- the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Unemployability Supplement
- Unemployability Allowance
- Universal Credit
To apply you will need to download and complete the form below. You will need to give the certificate part of the form to the person's medical practitioner for them to complete. Then send the completed form, certificate and proof of benefit to the address on the form.
We will use the information the doctor gives us only to to process your application for a discount or exemption.
Contact Council Tax
Phone: 01304 872199