Having difficulty paying your Council Tax?
If your income has been affected by the Coronavirus outbreak
If your income has been affected by the recent Coronavirus outbreak and you are unable to pay your Council Tax, there are several options:
- If your savings are below £6,000 (£16,000 for pensioners) you may be entitled to Council Tax Support. To estimate your entitlement you can use our online benefit calculator
- If you do qualify for help towards paying your Council Tax, you can make a claim online
- If you are still struggling to make payments during this time you can make an application for an exceptional hardship award. You need to qualify for Council Tax Support to make a claim for this.
- If your savings are above £6,000 or you don’t qualify for Council Tax Support, but your income has dropped or you are experiencing cash flow problems, you can contact us and we can spread your instalments over 12 months rather than the usual 10 months. To discuss your Council Tax instalments please contact us on 01304 872199
- If you need to send us any documents including proof for your claim, please use our online proof form to do this
- You can also check if you could get a discount or exemption on your Council Tax.
Council Tax hardship fund
As part of the response to coronavirus (COVID-19), the government announced a national £500 million hardship fund to provide Council Tax relief for vulnerable households. Find out more about the hardship fund
Contact Council Tax
Phone: 01304 872199