Home > Housing > Covid-19 Benefits and Financial Advice

Covid-19 Benefits and Financial Advice

Financial help if you've lost your job or had a drop in your income because of COVID-19

Help is available if you can’t work, have been made redundant or have trouble paying your Council Tax and other bills.

What you get may depend on your circumstances. It can be complicated to claim benefits and you should get help before you do this, especially if you already get benefits. Check the Citizens Advice site for help. 

If you are affected by Coronavirus please go through our Benefit Calculator which will help you find out what benefits you can claim. The calculator is free to use, and the details you provide are anonymous.

If your income has changed or you need to self-isolate due to coronavirus – whether you have the illness yourself or you need to care for someone else as a result – the benefits that may be available to you depend on your situation. See our guide to benefits for people affected by Coronavirus.

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit or the housing costs element of Universal Credit, you can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment if you think you will need help with paying your rent.