Before renting a home
- Thoroughly check the inventory and the condition of the items listed, making a note of any damage and/or wear and tear before ensuring that it the contract is signed and dated by both parties.
- Obtain receipts for all deposits, fees etc and make sure that you understand what the money is for (deposit, rent in advance, agency fee etc)
- Keep all receipts
- Read the contract thoroughly before signing. If you do not understand any of the clauses, get advice before proceeding (contact a solicitor, the CAB or Shelter).
- If you are concerned by the behaviour of the landlord or the managing agent, seek advice immediately.
Letting Agents in Dover district
- Bright & Bright, Victoria Rd, Deal: 01304 374071
- Bank House, The Strand, Walmer: 01304 366122
- Colebrook Sturrock, Sandwich: 01304 612197, Deal: 01304 381155
- Geering & Colyer, King St Dover, 01304 207099
- GW Finn & Son, Sandwich: 01304 614471
- Halhams Estate Agency 47 Castle St Dover: 01304 2408 01
- Just Property Services, 13 High, St Dover: 01304 205205
- John Youden & Sons, 55 London Rd, Dover: 01304 2 01633
- Regal Estates 31 Castle Street Dover: 01304 809800, Market St Sandwich: 01304 611227
- Robert Allen Sales & Lettings, 49-51 High Street, Deal: 01304 368111
- Tersons, 27-29 Castle St, Dover: 01304 202173
- The Accommodation Shop, 23 Worthington, St Dover: 01304 226666
- Ward and Partners Dover: 01304 214876, Deal 01304 361420
- Your Move, Dover: 01304 204923, Deal: 01304 375642
Useful Links – Properties and rooms to rent
- Local papers also have details of private lets – free copies can be read at the Libraries.
We do not inspect properties and are not responsible for the standard of private homes.
Contact our Housing team
Tel: 01304 872265