Gas Safety

To report gas a escape or a gas safety issues, contact the National Gas Service Emergency Line -
0800 111 999

All gas appliances provided in rented properties must by law have an annual safety check. Such appliances include cookers, water heaters, boilers and wall heaters.

Your landlord is responsible for arranging this check and once completed he must provide you with a copy of the Landlord Gas Safety Check Certificate.

Any defects found during this check should either be repaired or the appliance renewed.

Further advice about gas safety is available from the Health and Safety Executive, the organisation responsible for enforcing gas safety. Telephone freephone 0800 300363

If a gas appliance appears faulty or has broken down you should report this to your landlord or agent. However, if this does not resolve the problem please contact Private Sector Housing or telephone 01304 872397 for advice about how we can help.

Contact Private Sector Housing

Tel: 01304 872 397