Kent County Council are responsible for maintaining the majority of street lights across the district, this includes street lights on:
- Public roads in Dover
- Public roads in Deal
- Public roads in Sandwich
- Junctions on the A2, A256 and A20
Dover District Council are responsible for maintaining some other street lights across the district, these include the following areas:
- Public roads in villages.
- Parks and open spaces
- Public car parks
- Beaches and foreshores
How To Find Out The Ownership Of The Street Light
- Click Here On The Kent County Council Report A Fault Page.
- On the drop down list, select 'Street Lighting - Not Working', followed by 'Next'.
- Click 'Locate On A Map' to find the exact location of the street light.
- Enter a postcode, street name, town or streetlight column in to the search bar and click 'Find'.
- Blue circles indicate where a street light is located, click on the circle to find out more information on the street light where you wish to report a fault.
- Should 'County Council' be stated within the owner category, click 'Yes' on the location and continue to report through to Kent County Council.
- Should 'District' be stated within the owner category, please complete the report form below.
Dover District Council are in the final stages of introducing a contract to convert many of the street lights to energy-efficient Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology. Please note that repairs and replacements to current street lights will only be actioned if deemed necessary in the interest of health and safety.
Dover District Council will aim to complete repairs and replacements (where appropriate) within 28 days after an investigation.