Kent County Council are responsible for maintaining the majority of street lights across the district, this includes street lights on:
- Public roads in Dover
- Public roads in Deal
- Public roads in Sandwich
- Junctions on the A2, A256 and A20
Dover District Council are responsible for maintaining some other street lights across the district, these include the following areas:
- Public roads in villages.
- Parks and open spaces
- Public car parks
- Beaches and foreshores
How To Find Out The Ownership Of The Street Light
- Click Here On The Kent County Council Report A Fault Page.
- On the drop down list, select 'Street Lighting - Not Working', followed by 'Next'.
- Click 'Locate On A Map' to find the exact location of the street light.
- Enter a postcode, street name, town or streetlight column in to the search bar and click 'Find'.
- Blue circles indicate where a street light is located, click on the circle to find out more information on the street light where you wish to report a fault.
- Should 'County Council' be stated within the owner category, click 'Yes' on the location and continue to report through to Kent County Council.
- Should 'District' be stated within the owner category, please complete the report form below.
A major progamme of improvements on district-council street lighting has now been completed.
Dover District Council will aim to complete repairs and replacements (where appropriate) within 28 days after an investigation.