Alcohol Premises Permits
We issue gaming machine permits for category C or D gaming machines in pubs and other alcohol licensed premises.
Two machines or less
Pubs and other alcohol licensed premises can purchase a permit for up to two category C or D gaming machines.
Annual fee: none
The premises licence holder must not allow any person under the age of 18 years to use a category C machine.
We may withdraw the automatic entitlement to two machines if:
- the application of the exemption is not reasonably consistent with the pursuit of the licensing objectives
- the premises are mainly used or to be used for gaming
- an offence under the Gambling Act 2005 has been committed on the premises
We must must:
- give 21 days notice of the intention to make such an order
- consider any representations made by the premises licence holder
- hold a hearing if requested to do so by the premises licence holder
- comply with the prescribed procedure in making such an order
Three or more gaming machines
Pubs and other alcohol licensed premises must apply for a permit if they wish to have more than two gaming machines of category C or D.
- Grant of permit: £150
- Annual fee: £50
A permit may be transferred on transfer of the premises licence.
We may refuse an application or grant for a lesser number of machines if we consider the licensing objectives and any relevant guidance are not being adhered to.
A permit may not be refused or partially refused unless the applicant has been given the opportunity of making oral and/or written representations to the Licensing Sub-Committee
A permit may be terminated for the same reasons as the withdrawal of the automatic entitlement to two machines.
Contact the Licensing Section
Telephone: 01304 872295