Caravan, Mobile Home and Camping Sites
To permanently site residential or holiday caravans on land in Dover District you will need a licence, unless the following circumstances apply:
- Temporary use on private property (including home building and seasonal workers)
- Single caravan used by a person for not more than two nights, totalling not more than 28 days in 12 months
- Use of land of 5 or more acres where 3 or less caravans are stationed for 28 days or less a year
- Sites occupied or approved and supervised by exempted organisations
- Sites operated and owned by Dover District Council
- Initial Licence fee: £50 per pitch
- Annual licence fee: £10 per pitch
- Transfer of site licence: £200 for each licence
- Expansion fee: £200 plus £10 for each additional unit
- Fees for depositing site rules: £30
- Charge for Notices: £250 plus additional costs for specialist reports
The annual licence fee runs 1st April to 31st March - invoices will be sent out during April for payment within 30 days.
Before you can operate a Caravan or Mobile Home site you must have Planning Permission for development of the site or hold a Certificate of Lawfulness.
Telephone: 01304 872397