Caravan, Mobile Home and Camping Sites
To permanently site residential or holiday caravans on land in Dover District you will need a licence, unless the following circumstances apply:
- Temporary use on private property (including home building and seasonal workers)
- Single caravan used by a person for not more than two nights, totalling not more than 28 days in 12 months
- Use of land of 5 or more acres where 3 or less caravans are stationed for 28 days or less a year
- Sites occupied or approved and supervised by exempted organisations
- Sites operated and owned by Dover District Council
- A licence fee may be applicable for a new relevent protected site, i.e. permanant residential home with all year use.
- All other types of site licences are free
The annual licence fee runs 1st April to 31st March - invoices will be sent out during April for payment within 30 days.
The fee policy was approved by the Regulatory Committee 22 June 2021 - Information regarding the Council's fee policy can be found here.
Dover District Council’s Fee Policy for Relevant Protected Sites
Fit and Proper Person Test
The Mobile Homes (Requirements for manager of site to be Fit and Proper Person) (England) Regulations 2020, require the manager of a site to be a Fit and Proper Person (the Regulations). Dover District Council is accordingly required to introduce a Fit and Proper test for mobile home site owners, or a person appointed to manage the site, unsless they are eligable for an exemption under the Regulations.
The current fee for a F&PP test application is £160
Submit the application online
Before you can operate a Caravan or Mobile Home site you must have Planning Permission for development of the site or hold a Certificate of Lawfulness.
Sites within Dover Districts
Telephone: 01304 872397