Dangerous wild animals
It is an offence to keep dangerous wild animals without a licence. Zoos are exempt from this licence as they are covered by different legislation.
Apply for a licence
To apply for a licence you must be over 18 and the owner and keeper of the animals.
We will arrange for a vet to inspect your premises to make sure that the animals are:
- in suitable, secure accommodation
- given food, drink and bedding materials
- not a danger/nuisance to anyone else
- safe from disease
- Grant of new licence: £250 (+ Vet fees)
£182 is payable on application and non-refundable
The remaining £89 will be payable when your application is approved
- Renewal: £211 (+ Vet fees)
A licence lasts for two years
- Vet fees will be invoiced to you after the inspection
Apply for a dangerous wild animal licence »
Seizure and disposal of animals
We may seize, retain, destroy and/or dispose of animals if we believe:
- animals are being kept without a licence
- any condition of a licence is not being complied with
We will not be liable for any compensation and may recover any expenditure involved as a civil debt.
Contact the Licensing team
Telephone: 01304 872295