Skip to content

Dangerous wild animals

It is an offence to keep dangerous wild animals without a licence. Zoos are exempt from this licence as they are covered by different legislation.

Apply for a licence

To apply for a licence you must be over 18 and the owner and keeper of the animals. 

We will arrange for a vet to inspect your premises to make sure that the animals are:

  • in suitable, secure accommodation  
  • given food, drink and bedding materials
  • not a danger/nuisance to anyone else
  • safe from disease

The cost of the licence is £235 plus vet fees and lasts for two years.


Apply for a dangerous wild animal licence »

Seizure and Disposal of Animals

We may seize, retain, destroy and/or dispose of animals if we believe:

  • animals are being kept without a licence
  • any condition of a licence is not being complied with

We will not be liable for any compensation and may recover any expenditure involved as a civil debt.


Contact the Licensing Section


Telephone: 01304 872295

. Keep Me Posted.