Easing of National Lockdown restrictions | Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) section for information and support for residents and businesses. View Dover Districts latest Covid figures here.

Dover District’s latest COVID-19 figures

Number of cases for the seven days to

Rolling rate for the seven days to . England average is

Total cases (up to )

Total deaths within 28 days of a positive test (up to )

7-day rolling case rate compared to England average

Status: Below average (OR Above average if to the right of the dividing line)

Graphic results

All data sourced from coronavirus.data.gov.uk. Please see website for more information about the data and how it is calculated.

Home > Business > Licensing > Other Licences > House to House Collections

House to House Collections

You must apply for a licence if you want to collect the following from people's homes for charity:

  • money 
  • goods that you plan to sell

Who needs a licence

You must apply if you’re a:

  • small charity
  • local group eg Scouts, Girl Guides

House to house collection licences must be applied for at least 1 month before the commencement of the collection.  Each charity/group may only apply for a permit for a maximum of three months. 

How to apply

There is no charge for a house to house collection licence.

Fines and penalties

If you don’t get a licence before starting house-to-house collections you could face:

  • up to 6 months in prison
  • a fine of up to £1,000

If a collector doesn’t give a police officer their name, address and signature when asked to, they could be fined up to £200.

Contact the Licensing team

Email: licensing@dover.gov.uk

Telephone: 01304 872295