Are you and your vehicle ready for winter?
You can avoid problems while travelling:
- check the weather forecast and road conditions before you set off.
- make sure you have enough petrol for your journey and carry warm waterproof clothing, food, water and a torch in your vehicle.
- be vigilant and make sure you can be seen by using the appropriate lights or wearing high visibility clothing - poor weather conditions mean it can be harder for drivers to see pedestrians and cyclists.
- adapt your driving for different weather conditions - in the wet, fog and ice, keep well back from the car in front, slow down, use appropriate lights and know where your fog lights are!
- keep your vehicle in good working order - make sure brakes and lights work, fluid levels are topped up and your windscreen is clear before you set off.
Keep up-to-date with the road and weather conditions: