Home > Community > Grants & Funding > Inspire Project

Inspire Project

Our Inspire Project has been set up to provide funding support to help young people that are facing challenges.  The fund helps young people to create new friendships, introduce them to healthy lifestyles through sport, and open new doors into work with opportunities to learn new skills. 

The Inspire Project is a 24 week programme and is fully funded by Dover District Council for the first 12 weeks.

In weeks 13 – 18 we pay 75% and ask for the remaining 25% to be covered by the parent.

In weeks 19 – 24 we pay 50% with the remaining 50% of the activity cost covered by the parent.

After 24 weeks the Inspire Project has been completed, if the child would like to continue the project the parent would need to pay for the cost of the activity themselves.

What the Project can be used for

The project can be used to pay a wide variety of things including a range of sports and educational activities. The project can also help pay towards equipment for the young person to do their activity.

Who can refer young people?

The following organisations can refer young people:

  • Children's Centres
  • Citizens Advice Bureau
  • Community / Sports Clubs
  • Dover Community Safety Unit
  • Dover District Council
  • Kent County Council
  • Kent Police
  • KCC Social Services
  • Local organisations
  • NHS
  • Schools 


Make a referral for the Inspire Project »