Skip to content

Easing of National Lockdown restrictions | Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) section for information and support for residents and businesses. View Dover Districts latest Covid figures here.

Dover District’s latest COVID-19 figures

Number of cases for the seven days to

Rolling rate for the seven days to . England average is

Total cases (up to )

Total deaths within 28 days of a positive test (up to )

7-day rolling case rate compared to England average

Status: Below average (OR Above average if to the right of the dividing line)

Graphic results

All data sourced from Please see website for more information about the data and how it is calculated.

Home > Corporate Information > Brexit > EU Settlement Scheme

EU Settlement Scheme


Time is running out: Application deadline 30 June 2021

We value the contribution you make to our community and want you to stay in the Dover District now that the UK has left  the EU. 

If you are an European Union citizen, European Economic Area citizen, or Swiss citizen and were living in the UK by 31st December 2020, you must apply for settled or pre-settled status using the Government's EU Settlement Scheme. Information on who should apply for pre-settled or settled status can be found on the website.

You can check your personal situation by using's online tool

The EU Settlement Scheme allows you and your family members to get the immigration status you need to continue to live, work and study in the UK beyond 30 June 2021. This status means you can continue to be eligible for:

  • public services, such as healthcare and schools
  • public funds and pensions
  • British citizenship, if you meet the requirements and want to apply

Even if you have lived in the UK for many years or you have a UK permanent residence document you still need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. 

You may need to apply for your children even if you have already applied for yourself. Please see this leaflet intended to support children and parents with information to help them apply to the EUSS: EU Settlement Scheme: Information for EU/EEA citizen children.

Irish citizens or those with valid indefinite leave don’t need to apply.

If your application is successful, you wil be given either settled status or pre-settled status, depending on how long you've been living in the UK when you apply. Your rights will be different depending on which status you get and when you started living in the UK.

Start your application now at

Help and support is available. If you have any questions, please call the helpline on 0300 123 7379.

You can get support applying to the EU Settlement Scheme if you’re a vulnerable citizen, for example, if you:

  • are elderly
  • are isolated
  • are disabled
  • are a child in care
  • have significant language or literacy problems
  • have mental health issues
  • do not have a permanent address
  • are the victim of domestic abuse
  • are the victim of human trafficking



Coronavirus (COVID-19) has led to service changes that will impact on the level of support that can currently be offered to you. It may also take longer than usual to process applications.

Support to help you apply

Support is available if you need help to complete your application including: 

1.   Applicant information

A collection of information for applicants to the EU Settlement Scheme, including guidance and support, is available on the GOV.UK website: EU Settlement Scheme: applicant information

2.   Settled status guidance

Guidance is available in 26 European languages on the GOV.UK website: Settled status for EU citizens and their families: translations

3.   EU Settlement Resolution Centre

For individual questions about your application call 0300 123 7379. Find out about call charges on

You can also ask a question using the online submission the EU Settlement Scheme contact form to get help online.

4.   Assisted Digital

You can get free Assisted Digital support, over the phone and in person, if you are in the UK and do not have the appropriate access, skills or confidence to complete the online application form. Contact Assisted Digital by calling 03333 445 675. Find out about call charges on For more information visit: EU Settlement Scheme: Assisted Digital Service

5.   ID document scanning service

This service is available to complete the identity verification step if you do not have access to the EU Exit: ID Document Check app on your mobile or computer. There may be an administrative fee to use this service. A list of national locations is available on the GOV.UK website: EU Settlement Scheme: ID document scanner locations.

  • Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), Kent County Council (KCC) is currently unable to offer a walk-in service to help you with ID verification.  For any updates, please visit see KCC's webpage: European settlement scheme.

6.   Vulnerable Citizens

You can get support applying to the EU Settlement Scheme if you are a vulnerable citizen, for example, if you:

  • are elderly
  • are isolated
  • are disabled
  • are a child in care
  • have significant language or literacy problems
  • have mental health issues
  • do not have a permanent address
  • are the victim of domestic abuse
  • are the victim of human trafficking

Please see the Home Office postcode checker tool to find grant funded organisations providing support near you.  

7.   Videos

The Home Office has released the following You Tube videos: 

8.   GOV.UK Leaflets and Factsheets

Local Support

Some services may not be available because of coronavirus (COVID-19). Contact the organisation directly to check the latest opening hours and support available. 

FREE local advice advice and help

The following organisations are offering support to help to apply: 

Samphire, 56 Castle Street, Dover, CT16 1PJ

Please contact or call 07907 471913.  

Migrant Help, Dover, CT16 1AT

Please contact; call 01304 203977; or visit the Migrant Help website.

Dover Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), Maison Dieu Gardens, Dover, CT16 1RW

Please contact, call 07483 090 715, or visit the Migrant Help website.


No Office - ADASS will reach out and help citizens with care and support needs who need to apply for EUSS. Please contact or visit the ADASS website


No Office - CORAM provides a specialised service which includes email support and complex case advice for cases involving migrant children or young people, families and carers. Please contact, call 020 7713 0089, or visit the CORAM website

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice also has a webpage for European citizens on Staying in the UK after Brexit


Brexit Transition Home Page


. Keep Me Posted.