Filming on Dover District Council Land
Dover District is a popular filming location and productions such as Mr Selfridge Series 3 (2015), Wolf Hall (2015) and World War Z (2013) have been filmed here.
To film in Dover District Council owned land you must be granted permission from us.
- Public parks and open spaces
- Beaches and seafronts including St Margaret's Bay and Deal Pier - excluding Dover which is owned by the Port of Dover)
This does not include locations owned by
To film on land owned by the above organisations you must obtain their permission.
Making a film location enquiry
For an initial enquiry please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details of:
- the location you are interested in
- the type of production the film shoot relates to
- the date(s) and time(s) the filming shoot is proposed to take place
- any special requirements needed
Although there are no charges made for film location enquiries, once your request has been received it will be assessed.
- £600 per day plus VAT
- £102 per hour plus VAT
Our charges are flexible and will depend on the type of film shoot taking place. Extra costs which could be involved are car parking charges, road closures or payment to leaseholders for use of properties.
Permission to film
For permission to film on Dover District Council land, simply download our Location Release Form and return the completed form by post or fax 01304 872240, together with a copy of your public liability insurance for not less than 5 million pounds and an invoice address. Once we have received it we can issue the authorised Location Release Form and provide relevant advice you may need.
If you need any help or more information please contact Property Services on either 01304 872458 or 01304 872395.
Kent Film office
Kent Film Office can:
- help source the perfect location, suitable for all types of productions, large and small, blockbuster and budget.
- issue filming permits through a quick, online application process
- help with training and careers for those wishing to work in the TV and filming industry
Tel: 01304 872395 or 01304 872458