Beauty Of The Beach
We are supporting a campaign to celebrate our coastline and keep our beaches clean to help us all enjoy the ‘beauty of the beach’.
This follows news from Southern Water that the beach around Deal Castle had been chosen for an investment of around £3.9m, to help protect and enhance the area.
Deal Castle was one of the ‘Magnificent Seven’ beaches where Southern Water are working to improve bathing water quality as part of a major Bathing Water Enhancement Programme (BWEP).
Six things you can do to help improve the beauty of the beach
- If you take your dog to the beach, please pop that poop in a bag and throw it away
- Leaving litter can be lethal, not just to wildlife but also to the health of our beaches. Go on, dont deny the bins their sole purpose in life!
- When birds flock for tasty mosels, they tend to poop (it muse be the exitement of free food). The more you feed them the more they come back and the cycle continues.
- Help keep the sewers in your area flowing. Flusing anything other than pee, poo and paper can cause blockages leading to flooding.
- We all have a part to play in improving our beautiful coastline. Why not get involved in local beach-cleans and litter picks?
- Misconnected drains and poorly located and maintained septic tanks can pollute surface water systems. By looking after you home you can improve your beach too!
- Helping To Make A Splash In Dover District