Home > Environment > Environmental Protection > Noise > Noise from Licensed Premises

Noise from Licensed Premises

Pubs and Clubs cause noise, principally from amplified music, although complaints about noise from people smoking outside are becoming more common since the introduction of the smoking ban in public buildings in July 2007.

The Environmental Protection Team will investigate initially with a diary sheet to the complainant and letter to the licensed premises. Upon return of the diary sheet access may be given to the Out of Hours service if the noise is normally at night.

All pubs and clubs have premises licences and most have conditions regarding noise issues. The Environmental Protection Team work closely with the Licensing Team on noise issues from pubs and clubs.

You may contact the Licensing Team on 01304 872295 or by email on licensing@dover.gov.uk.



Report a Noise Problem »


You can also contact us by email at envprotection@dover.gov.uk

If noise is occurring outside of office hours you can report it on 01304 821199. If you are registered with the out of hours noise service, and the noise is occurring within the following times

8pm on a Friday evening until 3am on a Saturday morning

8pm on a Saturday evening until 3am on a Sunday morning.

Sundays,  if the following day is a Public Holiday, from 8pm until 3am on Monday morning.

the matter will get passed to the Duty Noise Officer who will contact you with a view to visiting to witness the noise.

You must be registered to use the service. Officers will also deal with noise  issues if 3 independent calls are received regarding the matter.

 If you are not registered and/or call outside of these hours your details will be passed to the Environmental Protection & Crime Team and an officer will contact you during working hours.