Skip to content

National Lockdown - Stay Home | Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) section for information and support for residents and businesses

Home > Housing > Housing for Tenants > Rent > Changes to benefits > A guide to Universal Credit

A guide to Universal Credit

If you are of working age and claiming certain benefits, you will eventually have to make a claim for UC. It is being rolled out to different people at different times. 

Those making a new claim for UC will have to manage your UC claim online and will be expected to report changes, find support and contact their work coach through your online account. 

It is important that once you have made your claim for Universal Credit that you check your journal on a regular basis, to ensure that any information requests are dealt with to avoid delays in payment or your claim being terminated.

We have put together our online guide on Universal Credit for you:


. Keep Me Posted.