Houses in Multiple Occupation - Apply for a Licence
Certain houses in multiple occupation are required by legislation to be licensed. These are properties that are:
- as from October 2018 an HMO of any storey will require a licence and
- have five or more people in more than one household, and
- share amenities such as bathrooms, toilets and cooking facilities, or where the accommodation is not self-contained e.g a WC or room of the common landing
The following publications explain more about HMOs, which HMOs are required to be licensed, and what responsibilities there are in relation to the management of HMOs.
How to make an application
- For a new Licence - £980 for up to 8 habitable rooms plus £51 for each habitable room above 8
- For a Licence renewal - £750 for up to 8 habitable rooms plus £40 for each habitable room above 8
Select the appropriate form:
Please send your complete form, with payment and documents to:
Private Sector Housing, Dover District Council, White Cliffs Business Park, Dover CT16 3PJ.
Alternatively contact us to have a pack sent to you: telephone 01304 872397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These documents must be included in application
- Plans of the building
- Fire alarm certificates
- Gas safety certificates
- Electrical test report
- Portable appliance test certificate/declaration
- Furniture safety declaration
- Copy of a tenancy agreement
Tel: 01304 872 397