Home > Housing > Private Sector Housing > Houses in Multiple Occupation

Houses in Multiple Occupation

If you live in a bedsit, share facilities, e.g. a bathroom or kitchen with other occupants in your house, live in a property divided into flats, then you probably live in a house in multiple occupation.

Apply for a Licence

How to apply for or renew a licence for a HMO.


Standards for Shared Houses/Flats, Self Contained Flats, Hostels and Bedsits


Guidance from gov.uk


Tel: 01304 872397

Email: privatesectorhousing@dover.gov.uk