The Butts Recreational Grounds, Sandwich
The Butts forms part of a number of recreational sites around the former Sandwich town walls, offering residents and visitors a pleasant area to walk and admire the attractions of the town.
The open green space is especially popular for dog walking and picnics.
Sandwich Cricket Club manage cricket pitch facilities on a day-to-day basis.
Development at the recreational site includes:
- extensive improvements to the play area in the summer of 2015 funded by Dover District Council
- refurbishment works to the skate park in the Autumn of 2016 thanks to funding contributions from the Streetside Community Group.
- Children's Play Area - Play equipment includes a zip wire, a basket swing, multi-play units and a nature trail unit
- Skate Park (floodlit) - Equipment includes quarter pipes, fun box features and grind rails
- Multi-use Games Area (floodlit) - Suitable for football and basketball
Report problems or incidences at The Butts Recreation Ground