Gymnastics has been announced as the latest new activity to be on offer at the new Dover District Leisure Centre. Operator, Places Leisure, will be offering a wide programme of junior recreational gymnastics from ages 2+. A dedicated team of qualified gymnastics coaches will be on hand to lead the sessions.
Doreen Critchley who heads up the gymnastics team, said: “Gymnastics is a fantastic sport for all ages and our sessions are developed through our close links with British Gymnastics. The skills you learn, such as strength, balance, co-ordination and mobility will help young people to enjoy and master many other sports as well as gymnastics.”
The gymnastics sessions on offer at the new leisure centre, include:
- Active Play and Bounce (Wednesday & Friday, 9.30 - 10.30am) The first step on the gymnastic journey, featuring a bouncy castle and soft shapes.
- Parent & Toddler Gymnastics (Wednesday & Friday, 10.30 - 11.30am) Fun sessions aimed at toddlers 2-3 years old, accompanied by their parents.
- FUNdamentals (Wednesday & Friday, 11.30 - 12.30pm) FUNdamentals is a programme designed and developed by British Gymnastics in conjunction with early years specialists to help younger children from toddler to 6 years to acquire essential physical, social and emotional life skills.
- Jump into Gymnastics (Monday, 4.00 – 5.00pm / Saturday, 9.00 – 10.00am Developed with recreational gymnastics and leisure centres in mind, Jump into Gymnastics features over two years’ worth of unique gymnastics activity for children of any ability at primary school age.
- Junior Intermediate Gymnastics (Monday 5pm – 6pm / Saturday 10am - 11am) The most advanced recreational gymnastics classes on offer at the new leisure centre, gymnasts will further develop and fine tune their floor and vaulting skills, working on routines and continuing their flexibility and fitness development.
For more information about gymnastics at the new Dover District Leisure Centre, visit https://www.placesleisure.org/centres/dover-district-leisure-centre/news/junior-gymnastics/
Posted on 22 January 2019