Community Clean Ups
We can help you with equipment for your own community clean-up.
We are committed to keeping Dover district clean, so if you spot a problem with cleanliness please report it to us first.
Community clean-ups make a special contribution to the environment but do not replace our daily cleaning schedules.
- Litter picking can only take place on roads up to 30mph and public footpaths/areas (not private land) where it is safe to do so
We lend out, free of charge, community clean up kits which contain:
- litter pickers
- protective gloves
- hi-viz tabards
- large grey bags
The kits can be collected from our offices at Whitfield and returned the day after the event.
- We are unable to supply equipment and collect from events such as fetes as this is commercial waste
- If you separate cans and plastics for recycling, we will pick it up and recycle it for you
- We can only collect litter that has been bagged up and are unable to collect any large items of dumped rubbish
- We will arrange a collection point and clearance at a suitable time to suit your event
- You must carry out your own risk assessment for the safety of the event. We will ask for the Risk Assessment when you collect the equipment.
Apply for your clean-up kit »