Access Highlight Markings
Also known as 'dog bones'
Access highlight markings are white 'I' shaped lines, painted onto the road to draw attention to a driveway or access to land/property.
The lines have no legal standing but are useful in preventing the persistent obstruction of driveways and entrances to properties.
Access highlight markings:
- can only be installed across the front of properly constructed crossovers (dropped kerbs). These must be along sections of roads where there are problems with parking.
- are placed on the road outside the entrance to the driveway or private access point. This shows the area that should be kept clear of waiting vehicles.
- will terminate in line with the highest dropped point of the dropped kerb. Markings will not be extended beyond these limits to assist vehicles turning into, or out of, private accesses
- Installation: £121
- Repainting faded lines: £50
When you apply
- We will contact you to arrange payment once your application has been reviewed. Application fees are non-refundable and covers administration and installation.
- If approved the markings will be placed across the access to your property when the lining contractor is next in your area. This could be up to 5 weeks after your application but helps keep the costs down.
Apply for an access protection line »
Please note that we are currently in the process of re-introducing this service. Applicants will be contacted in due course once this service goes live.
If you need help or advice before applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org.