Home > Transport, Streets & Parking
Parking and Streets
Dover District Council will continue to offer free parking to the NHS and key care workers as listed below. DDC are following the clear directions issued by the British Parking Association (BPA), for these concessions:
- NHS staff members
- Health and social care workers
- NHS Volunteer Responders
- The 3 blue light emergency services
This is only applicable whilst on duty, carrying out visits in the community and not parked at your place of residence or place of work. We will accept the official issued permit and, in some cases, a letter on headed paper from the care provider, depending on the circumstances. We may also ask you to provide further evidence from your employer.
Proof of eligibility must be displayed on the dashboard to enable the concession to be granted.
- This concession, in line with directions from the British Parking Association applies until 6 April 2021, or until such time as the government issues further guidance.
The concessions for NHS/Key Workers will allow the following:-
- To park on single yellow lines, but not within 10 metres of a junction
- To park in Pay & Display parking bays without having to pay the parking charge
- To park in resident bays without having to display the required resident permit
To park in all DDC managed car parks without having to pay the parking charge. To park in all DDC short stay car parks beyond the stipulated time period.
Concessions will not allow:-
- Parking at your normal place of residence or other locations whilst not at work or volunteering;
- Parking on double yellow lines;
- Parking on single yellow lines within 10 metres of a junction;
- Parked where loading and unloading restrictions (kerb markings) are in operation;
- Parked on zig zag lines at pedestrian crossings;
- Parked on keep clear markings outside a school, a hospital or fire, police or ambulance station;
- Parking on dropped kerbs;
- Parking in marked bus stops;
- Parking in suspended bays or areas; and
- Parking in either disabled bays, police bays, taxi bays or electric vehicles bays without permitted to do so.
- We are also offering additional concessions for the general public as follows:
- Residents Permit Holders be allowed to park in a car park ADJACENT to their home address;
- An additional 30 minutes grace period be afforded to expired P&D tickets and RingGo purchases; and
- An additional 30 minutes observation be given to vehicles parked in limited waiting bays.
This will be reviewed in line with directions from the British Parking Association, applies until 6th April 2021, or until such time as the Government issues further guidance.
Pay or appeal PCNs, permits, where to park, disabled parking
Abandoned vehicles, fly tipping, dog fouling, graffiti, toilets etc
Getting around, street cleaning issues and Kent Highways
New properties, street nameplates and house names
Roads and pavements, street lights, yellow lines, pot holes
Service updates and travel information during bad weather
Services that are operated by Dover District Council and Kent County Council