Business Parking Permits
Conditions of Use
- The permit is valid for 6 or 12-months, dependent upon scheme, from the first of the month in which the permit is issued, except in the case of renewals.
- A completed application form, verifying documents and fee is to be presented at the time of the application and details of Company, if wishing to pay by invoice.
- Permits are only available for motorcars, motorcycles (with or without) sidecar and light vans not exceeding 3,500 kgs in weight, 5.55m long, 2.5m high* or 2.1m wide excluding wing mirrors. * Please note that Camden Crescent has a height restriction of 2.1m.
- If two registration numbers appear on the one permit, it must be safely secured to the windscreen of whichever vehicle is being used, as the permit is valid for use in one vehicle at any given time. Any Penalty Charge Notices issued for non-display will not be cancelled.
- When the permit is in use, it must be clearly displayed on the inside surface of the front windscreen, so that it can easily be seen from the front of the vehicle at all times. In the case of a motorcycle or any vehicle without a windscreen, the permit should be securely displayed on the front of the vehicle, facing forwards.
- The permit can only be replaced in the case of loss, destruction, defacing or through a change of vehicle. An administrative charge of £5 is payable for a replacement permit.
- Any contravention of the conditions of the Traffic Order (which is available for inspection during working hours at the Council’s local offices) will render the permit invalid and the permit will be withdrawn.
- The purchase of a permit does not guarantee the availability of a parking space.
- The permit does not entitle the vehicle to be parked on yellow line restrictions.
- Refunds will be given on surrender of a permit at a rate of one twelfth of the annual cost for each complete calendar month that remains.
- Permits are not transferable from one person to another.
- The responsibility to renew any Permit on its expiry rests with the Permit Holder.
Tel: 01304 872459