Easing of National Lockdown restrictions | Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) section for information and support for residents and businesses. View Dover Districts latest Covid figures here.

Dover District’s latest COVID-19 figures

Number of cases for the seven days to

Rolling rate for the seven days to . England average is

Total cases (up to )

Total deaths within 28 days of a positive test (up to )

7-day rolling case rate compared to England average

Status: Below average (OR Above average if to the right of the dividing line)

Graphic results

All data sourced from coronavirus.data.gov.uk. Please see website for more information about the data and how it is calculated.

Home > Benefits > Housing Benefit > Who can get Housing Benefit?

Who can get Housing Benefit?

Universal Credit

We can no longer accept new claims for Housing Benefit unless you:

  • are of pensionable age
  • are in exempt accommodation
  • are in temporary accommodation placed by our Housing Options Team

If you don't fall into one of these categories, you will need to make a claim for Universal Credit for help with your housing costs. 

If you do fall into one of these categories, please follow the advice below to find out if you could get Housing Benefit.

You can get Housing Benefit if you

  • rent your home
  • are responsible for paying rent as a tenant, boarder, lodger or in a hostel or bed & breakfast
  • have a low income, or are claiming benefits
  • usually live in your home for which you are claiming Housing Benefit.

Check if you qualify for Housing Benefit using our online benefit calculator

You can also see how we work out your Housing Benefit.

You can’t get Housing Benefit if you

You won’t normally get Housing Benefit if you are living with a close relative and paying them rent.

Some full-time students aren’t able to claim Housing Benefit. Find out more about students and Housing Benefit