Skip to content

Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit is a scheme to help people pay their rent.

Universal Credit from 3 May 2017

From 3 May 2017 Universal Credit Full Service rolls out to working-age people living in postcodes CT14, CT15, CT16, CT17 and CT3 3 and from 19 July 2017 CT13. Please see our Universal Credit page for more information.


Who can claim?

Find out if you can get Housing Benefit

How to claim

How to make a claim for Housing Benefit

How much will I get?

How we work out your Housing Benefit 

Tell us about a change

You need to tell us straight away about changes that may affect your awards. 

Upload your proof

Upload proof to support your claim using our online form


If you've been paid too much, we will usually ask you to pay it back


Forms for Housing Benefit 

Moving home

You must tell us as soon as you move home

Discretionary Payments

Extra help towards your rent

.Keep Me Posted.