Street Furniture Permit
For Pavement Licence Applications (Business and Planning Act 2020) please click here
To serve refreshments on tables and chairs outside of your property, you must have a street furniture permit.
Apply for a permit
- A permit is valid for one year
- Grant of a licence: £75
- Renewal: £35
With your application please provide:
- a site plan clearly showing:
- the dimensions of the area of highway on which furniture is to be sited
- the proposed layout of the furniture
- a copy of your Public Liability Insurance (covering at least £5 million against any liability, loss or damage)
After you've applied
When we have received and checked your application an inspector will visit you.
We will contact Kent Highway Services and then carry out a 28 day consultation. We will write to:
- local businesses and residents who may be affected by the street furniture
- Kent Police
- Kent Fire and Rescue
- the local Town or Parish Council
- the local Chamber of Commerce
After the consultation period we will write to you to tell you whether your application is successful. If it is successful we will enclose a sign to display in your window.
We will keep your licence under review and any failure to comply with licence conditions could result in you losing the licence. You will also be liable for any rectification works.
Contact the Licensing team
Telephone: 01304 872295