If you or someone living with you is an apprentice, and without them there is only one adult living in your home, you can apply for a 25% discount on your Council Tax.
Who is an apprentice?
A person is an apprentice regardless of age if they meet the following criteria:
- they are employed to learn a trade, a business, a profession or a vocation
- they are receiving training leading to a qualification accredited by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority
- they get a salary or allowance (or both), which are in total less than £195 gross a week (before deductions – we don't count bonuses and overtime); and
- they can expect to earn substantially more when they are qualified.
Proof you must provide
You need to provide the following as proof of the apprenticeship. You can upload your proof to the form now or you can email it to us later but we won't be able to award you a discount until we have received proof.
- a letter from the employer confirming the name of the apprentice, the date their apprenticeship started and the date it is expected to end, and
- a wage slip.
Contact Council Tax
Phone: 01304 872199