Buying Solar Panels made easy
Solar Together Kent
Solar panels are a good investment – enabling you to save on your energy bills and be less reliant on energy suppliers.
If you don't use all the energy your panels generate, you can export it to the grid and earn money whilst helping to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and contributing to a more sustainable future.
Dover District Council is working in partnership with Kent County Council on an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels to help reduce carbon emissions/ environmental impacts.
Solar Together Kent is a group-buying scheme, which brings Kent households and small businesses together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price.
If you already have solar panels installed you can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system, simply select this option on the website when registering as explained below.
The scheme helps you through the process, keeping you informed at every stage.
YOU CAN REGISTER TODAY AT WWW.SOLARTOGETHER.CO.UK/DOVER
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Registration: you can register before 6 October for free and without obligation at
www.solartogether.co.uk/dover. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
Applications should be made by the property owner, with landlords and small businesses limited to 50 panels.
2. Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 6 October, when our pre-vetted solar installers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
3. Personal recommendation: from 26 October you will be emailed with a personal recommendation, based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your solar panel installation.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 11 December to decide and will be invited to visit an information session.
5. Installation: if you accept, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of May 2021.
Get in touch - If you have any questions you can call Solar Together for free on 0800 014 8721, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
What About Planning Permission?
If you wish to install a solar PV system on your listed building then Listed Building Consent is likely to be required from your local council. It may be preferable to install solar panels on a modern building that is located within the grounds of a listed building. In either case, you may also require planning permission.
If you live in a conservation area, it may be possible to install a solar PV system but there may be specific limitations to take into consideration. For example, some conservation areas may be protected from such works if visible from any public highways.
If you want to find out more about listed buildings or conservation areas, contact: DevelopmentControl@dover.gov.uk
Please note an application for Listed Building Consent or planning permission may take up to eight weeks.
FIND OUT MORE
For more information about the scheme, visit our Solar Together Kent website www.solartogether.co.uk/dover where you can register for the scheme and leave questions in the contact form.