Cut Energy Bills - Switch Together
Collective switching is when consumers get together to negotiate a group deal with their gas and electricity suppliers.
We aim to save you money by negotiating on your behalf to bring down the cost of your energy. The more households taking part, the better our chances of securing a competitive energy deal.
It’s free to join and you don’t have to accept the winning offer
- Registration opens: 4 April 2017
- Auction: 23 May 2017
- Offers sent out: from 5 June 2017
- Acceptance phase closes: 4 July 2017
How to Take Part
Registration requires details of energy consumption (on energy bill/annual energy statement - preferably in kWhs), name of current supplier and current tariff.
For more information and to register use the following links:
Residents from outside the Dover district can take part when registration for the Spring round opens (early April)
How does it work
Four things you should do
- Grab your bill and register yourself - it's free, easy and without obligation.
- Tell your neighbours about the scheme
- Help your relatives if they are not used to registering their details online. (you can register on their behalf)
- Help people without internet access to register with you online, or leave your contact details on 01304 872428 during registration periods for assistance.
Last auction (14 February 2017) results
- First Utility has won the Dual Fuel online billing and paper billing contracts.
- First Utility has also won the Electricity Only online billing and paper billing contracts.
Unfortunately a prepayment tariff was not secured this time.
Future auction dates
- Launch: 1 August 2017
- Auction: 10 October 2017
- Offers sent out: 23 October 2017
- Acceptance phase closes: 28 November 2017
Want to Know More?
This scheme is organised by Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells Councils.
Information on collective switching can be found on the Department of Energy and Climate Change website.
Tel: 01304 872128