Energy Deal - Collective Energy Switching Scheme
About Kent Energy Deal
During these difficult and challenging times it’s even more important to save money on your energy bill.
Kent Energy Deal has been in operation since collective switching began in the UK in 2013. Kent Energy Deal was a partnership between several Kent Councils and IChoosr to help residents save money on their energy bills by using combined buying power to access highly competitive tariffs. Kent Energy Deal helped many people living in the Dover District and other partner Kent Local Authorities who also ran the scheme to switch to a better tariff therefore saving money on their resident’s utility bills and frequently the tariff offered was a renewable electricity tariff too.The scheme was just one of the many offered to help residents and support the Council in its carbon reduction ambitions.
Due to the Energy crisis and the Price Caps the switching market in its entirety has been at a standstill, however iChoosr have continued to monitor the situation and talked with suppliers to stay aware of any price/market changes.
iChoosr now believes the time is right to offer the option of the Big Community Switch again and are offering residents the opportunity to register online to help save money on their energy bills by using combined buying power to access highly competitive tariffs. This means residents can benefit from the bargaining power of a large group.
Results from January 2024 auction.
So Energy won:
- Dual fuel, fixed price, monthly direct debit, online billing.
- Elec-only, fixed price, monthly direct debit, online billing.
There was no compelling offer for the following categories:
- Dual fuel, fixed price, monthly direct debit, paper billing
- Elec-only, fixed price, monthly direct debit, paper billing
- Dual fuel, variable price, pre-payment
- Elec-only, variable price, pre-payment
Personal Energy Offers are currently being compiled and offers will be sent out from 19 January 2024. If you want to switch you’ll need to complete and submit acceptance forms by 13 February 2024.
If you’ve missed the registration deadline and you live in the Dover District area you too could benefit from the January auction offers by completing the registration form now to receive a personal offer.
How does it work?
1. Registration: you can register for free and without obligation at www.bigcommunityswitch.co.uk/dover
2. Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 09 January 2024 when iChoosr's pre-vetted energy suppliers will submit bids. The supplier who offered the cheapest tariff will get to offer you a new contract.
3. Personal offer: from 19 January 2024 you will receive a personal offer, based on your registration details, and you can see how much money you can save.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to switch, and you will have until 13 Feb 2024 to decide.
5. Take control: if you accept, you will be one of the thousands who have taken control of their energy costs through the collective energy switching scheme.
Four things you should do
- Grab your bill and register yourself - it's free, easy and without obligation
- Tell your neighbours about the scheme
- Help your relatives if they are not used to registering their details online (you can register on their behalf)
- Help people without internet access to register with you online.
- If you live within the Dover district and don’t have internet access then please leave your name and contact number, Tel: 01304 872332, to receive a call back to help with the registration process.
Want to know more?
Alternative energy switching options are available through Ofgem accredited comparison sites.
Tel: 01304 872414