Cut Energy Bills - Switch Together
Collective switching is when consumers get together to negotiate a group deal with their gas and electricity suppliers.
We aim to save you money by negotiating on your behalf to bring down the cost of your energy. The more households taking part, the better our chances of securing a competitive energy deal.
- It’s free to join and you don’t have to accept the winning offer
The most recent auction (14 February 2017) results
- First Utility has won the Dual Fuel online billing and paper billing contracts.
- First Utility has also won the Electricity Only online billing and paper billing contracts.
Unfortunately a prepayment tariff was not secured this time - Ofgem price cap is going to be introduced from 1 April 2017. Prepayment customers who have registered for the most recent auction will be contacted (email or letter) and will be offered the opportunity for their registrations to be taken forward into the next auction to be held on 23 May 2017.
It's not too late for Dover District residents to register online (open until midnight 20 March 2017) . Register now by clicking on the link below to see if you can benefit from the Winter Auction tariffs.
Please note: If you've registered with Energy Deal previously you'll need to re-register to take part in subsequent auctions.
There are restrictions in place regarding contacting residents who have switched through the scheme, therefore please check your energy contract expiry date and register for the most appropriately timed auction round. Auctions are held regularly throughout the year to ensure you have a number of options.
Dates for forthcoming auction rounds are:
- Launch – 4 April 2017
- Auction – 23 May 2017
- Offers sent out from 5 June 2017
- Acceptance phase closes on 4th July 2017
- Launch – 1 August 2017
- Auction – 10 October 2017
- Offers sent out from 23 October 2017
- Acceptance phase closes on 28 November 2017
How to Take Part
Registration requires details of energy consumption (on energy bill/annual energy statement - preferably in kWhs), name of current supplier and current tariff.
For more information and to register use the following links:
Residents from outside the Dover district can take part when registration for the Spring round opens (early April)
How does it work
Four things you should do
- Grab your bill and register yourself - it's free, easy and without obligation.
- Tell your neighbours about the scheme
- Help your relatives if they are not used to registering their details online. (you can register on their behalf)
- Help people without internet access to register with you online, or leave your contact details on 01304 872428 during registration periods for assistance.
Want to Know More?
This scheme is organised by Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells Councils.
Information on collective switching can be found on the Department of Energy and Climate Change website.
Tel: 01304 872128