Cut Energy Bills - Switch Together
Kent Energy Deal has been in operation since collective energy switching began in the UK in 2013. Kent Energy Deal is a partnership between Kent Councils and iChoosr to help residents save money on their energy bills by using combined buying power to access highly competitive tariffs. Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge & Malling and Tunbridge Wells are the partner Councils that run the scheme, however online registration is open to any resident no matter what District/ Borough they live in.
Participation is completely free with no obligation to switch. Kent Energy Deal holds 3 auction rounds a year, Autumn, Winter and Spring (auctions October, February and May). Register for the auction round that most closely aligns to the end of your current fixed tariff.
Registration for the Spring auction is now open.
The auction will be held on 18 May 2021
Personal energy offers will be sent out from 31 May 2021
How to take part
Registration requires details of energy consumption (on energy bill/annual energy statement - preferably in kWhs), name of current supplier and current tariff.
For more information and to register https://bigcommunityswitch.co.uk/kent/landing
- Due to restrictions on the scheme the council is not allowed to send out reminders to residents who have switched through the scheme in the past two years. Therefore, please keep a note of your current tariff expiry date and register for the auction that coincides with that date.
Four things you should do
- Grab your bill and register yourself - it's free, easy and without obligation
- Tell your neighbours about the scheme
- Help your relatives if they are not used to registering their details online (you can register on their behalf)
- Help people without internet access to register with you online.
- If you live in one of the Council areas that run the scheme (Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge & Malling and Tunbridge Wells) and do not have internet access then contact your participating authority for assistance with registration.
Results from February 2021 auction
Shell Energy: Dual fuel and electricity only online contacts (Monthly Direct Debit)
Shell Energy: Dual fuel and electricity only paper billing (Monthly Direct Debit)
Shell Energy: Pre-Payment Meter contracts
Want to know more?
Alternative energy switching options are available through Ofgem accredited comparison sites.
This scheme is organised by Dartford, Dover, Gravesham, Tonbridge and Malling and Tunbridge Wells Councils.
Information on collective switching can be found on the Department of Business,Energy and Industrial Strategy website
Tel: 01304 872128