Environmental Education and Engagement
The Environmental Crime Team offer educational talks to schools and community groups throughout the district relating to littering, dog fouling, responsible dog ownership and fly tipping.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a session or if you would like to receive further information.
Poster Designs - CALLING ALL CREATIVE UNDER 18 YEAR OLDS
We would like to invite all the children across the district to take part in a fun activity and submit a poster design that will encourage all residents to pick up after their dog and to not drop litter so that our district can be a cleaner, greener place to live and be proud of.
Some designs will be chosen to be made into posters to display across the district and we will endeavour to share as many as we can on this web page and via our social media.
Let your creativity run wild and submit your designs to us:
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FIRST NAME, AGE AND AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR A PARENT/GUARDIAN.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 31ST AUGUST 2020.
Here are some interesting facts that might inspire your design:
- If you are caught littering or not picking up after your dog the penalty is £75
- Littering is a criminal offence
- Over 70,000 pets and wild animals are hurt in Britain every year because of litter
- It costs around £858 million a year to clean the streets of England
- The UK dog population is estimated to be around 7.4 million and they produce 1,000 tonnes of faeces each day
- Cigarette Butts are one of the most commonly dropped forms of litter
- A drinks can takes around 80 years to biodegrade
- Dog fouling carries serious health risks, particularly for children
We look forward to receiving your ideas and designs and working together to improve the district that we live in.