Environmental Education and Engagement
The Environmental Crime Team offer educational talks to schools and community groups throughout the district relating to littering, dog fouling, responsible dog ownership and fly tipping.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to book a session or if you would like to receive further information.
Thank you to all the under 18 years old that took the time to submit a poster design to encourage all residents to pick up after their dog and to not drop litter so that our district can be a cleaner, greener place to live and be proud of. Here are the fantastic designs.
- If you are caught littering or not picking up after your dog the penalty is £75
- Littering is a criminal offence
- Over 70,000 pets and wild animals are hurt in Britain every year because of litter
- It costs around £858 million a year to clean the streets of England
- The UK dog population is estimated to be around 7.4 million and they produce 1,000 tonnes of faeces each day
- Cigarette Butts are one of the most commonly dropped forms of litter
- A drinks can takes around 80 years to biodegrade
- Dog fouling carries serious health risks, particularly for children