We have a duty to provide people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness with advice and appropriate assistance.
Rough sleeping is the most serious form of homelessness and if you are concerned about a person sleeping rough please contact us.
Our Homeslessness strategy and action plan have recently been updated. You can find this document by clicking the link below.
Homelessness Strategy 2020 - 2024
Citizens Advice Bureau
Dover, Deal and District Citizens Advice Bureau is an independent local charity which provides free information and advice to everyone who needs it regardless of race, sex, colour, disability, sexuality or nationality. The Service is free, independent, confidential and impartial.
The Citizens Advice service is the UK's largest advice provider, with nearly half the population using the service at some point in their lives.
3 Park Street, Deal, Kent, 0808 278 7961
Maison Dieu Gardens, Maison Dieu Road, Dover, Kent, 0808 278 7961
The Shelter Helpline, 0808 800 4444 is available to all residents in Kent. This is a free service available every day of the year from 8am to 8pm Mondays to Fridays and 8am to 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays. In addition they have web based advice information, diagnostic tests and downloadable leaflets.
Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman, 10th floor, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP
- Royal British Legion – housing and homelessness help and advice for those that have served in the Forces. The Royal Legion serves anyone who has been paid 7 days or more including reserves.
- serve husbands, wives, children (under 17), under 21 year olds in further education, partners, reserves, army, navy, armed forces.
- provide grants for the essentials
- help with completing statutory benefit forms
- provide advocacy around homelessness
- have 6 care homes – 4 with specialist dementia services
- have team of advisers for debt advice – 0808 802 8080
- assist divorced people until they re-marry but children would continue to be supported even after marriage
- have a veterans Gateway in Aylesford – Royal British Legion Village – 0808 802 1212
Contact the Housing team
Tel: 01304 872265